Saturday, March 8, 2008

Geez! I thought I had a pretty good vocabulary...

Goodness gracious! I have been deperately trying to get through Fatal Revenant for over a month. Its not that its a bad book, it isn't. Its just very heavy reading. I have to stop about every 5 pages, grab a dictionary, and look up what Mr. Donaldson is trying to tell me. His words, once the definitions are clear, are spot on and very descriptive. But Dang! I'm only about 1/3 of the way through and I'm just now getting into the action.

I'm going to set it aside again and read some Kaye Kenyon, Kim Harrison's new book from her Rachel Morgan series, and then maybe I'll come back to this. Its just taking forever for me to read this, and I consider myself a pretty fast reader.

Of course, maybe my vocabulary isn't what I thought it was. Its truncated rather than expansive. My comprehension is less than proliferate, maybe even circumscribed. *Sigh*
Ain't that a downer! I was a-thinking my teachers had done learned me real good.

No comments: