Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I Got It! You Gotta Love Ebay.

After trying to find David Anthony Durham's new book for weeks, I finally scored on Ebay. You see, I could of bought it at the book store or at Amazon (good sellers all) but I am a purist and, worse, a collector. I had to have a special book, even more so because the author has been so kind and thoughtful to me.

I'm so excited I can hardly sit still! This book has rave reviews and the author is a well-spoken gentlemen. I am gonna tear through this one even faster than Harry Potter 7. Then....

I'm going to review it myself. And, despite what you may think, nobody gets me 5-star rating without telling a great story. You can check my reviews, but only 5 authors have gotten my "buy this an read it or hang your head in sahme" rating; Bujold, Heinlein, Zelazny, Bear and Tad Williams. And not all of their books made it, either. Fair warning that, while I'm am definitely excited about reading Acacia, it doesn't mean I'm gonna rave about it.

But won't it be exciting to find out? I can't wait!

No comments: